Winning At Product Reviews - Just Remember CDSD
- Allow anyone to review your product. - You can always turn this off.
- Purchasers need simple, friction-less way to provide review for maximum conversion. - Inline form in email works best.
- Asking people to “help others” with their expertise works.
- Incentivize reviews at anytime, but at first it really helps momentum to create review content.
- “Be first to review this product” incentive.
- Amazon’s got a program called “vine” where they send products to customers for free, but they must write a review.
- Amazon touts the program as a method to showcase top reviewers, so there are requirements, but most can get it - https://www.amazon.com/gp/vine/help
- Queue results for customer service / marketing teams - or outsource. Auto-post could be disastrous.
- Profanity Filter / Skin Filter / Competitors Filter / Products Filter / Vendors Filter / Duplicate Review Filter / Similar Review Filter / Whatever you desire filter. Just use filters.
- Must Q/A for other odds and ends - people are weird.
- Differentiate by tailoring reviews specifically for your product.
- Theme - Display everywhere with savior faire
- In product grid show stars.
- In quick view, show stars.
- Product marketing - show stars.
- On product page, above fold, show stars.
- Below fold, create clean review area showing summary, number of reviews, and scrollable list of reviews.
- Allow community voting. Just allow one IP per product and obfuscate score to prevent gaming.
- When lots of reviews for a product, don’t hide, overflow to a separate webpage page with buy box and canonical back to /product page.
- Create review tools using product filters that customers can use to slice and dice the products they want - use /reviews in the url to attract customers adding “reviews” to their search terms.
- Category landing pages need an aggregate rating for all product in grid - This is new.
- Sitemap for content - Share with Google through webmaster central
- Submit product review feeds for PLAs - https://developers.google.com/product-review-feeds/ -Share in Google merchant center
- Web site - Schema.org markup for reviews, review-aggregates - Validate here - https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/
- Off-site, use product comparison engines.
- When emailing customers asking for reviews, include other reviews for the same product - “See what others said”.
- When sending customers a marketing email, include product reviews in the email.
- When sending customers a marketing email, include highly reviewed, similar products in the email.
- Build extranet so partners can review their own product ratings, download results, and improve products on their own time.
- Create reporting system with criteria to organize and “filter” bad reviews for discussion.
- Meet with key product managers to discuss and fix problems with products.
- Meet with external vendors and suppliers to improve products.
- Review customer interaction with reviews on website using Analytics.
- Review KPIs